Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check PMs Log in
Chat Calendar Classified Ads Auctions Field Finder Store Finder Feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Bushmaster & Freestyle -> The best
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kshollywood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: The best Reply with quote

ICD are some of the best guns I have ever owned,they are built tuff and all of them have sleek lines. They shoot fast and accurate. They are tied with the best guns in the world,with Smart Parts.
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you seem to know a good amount about them, you think you can do a rundown of common problems and how to maintain your markers? that would be helpfull to the community.
D.P. Roberts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't ICD go out of business?
slinkyaroo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.P. Roberts wrote:
Didn't ICD go out of business?

Yup. They've never had a strong market place since the 90's. They were small and as new highend markers appeared (dye, SFT shocker, Timmies [note I didn't say DF], etc) they really slipped away.

It wasn't until 2004 that they changed to cocker threads. The barrel selection before then was limited with ICD threading.

They're last strong kick at the cat was with the promaster. Ion was the only really midend electro to compete with in 2005 and they did ok at first. Then the mini, pmr and other midends came out taking market shares away from ICD.

Eventually ICD packed up their PB production.

kshollywood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Paintzapper"]you seem to know a good amount about them, you think you can do a rundown of common problems and how to maintain your markers? that would be helpfull to the community.[/quote

I have never had one breakdown,I just clean them after every use and make sure not to put oil on the bolt.
JesterTLS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only recently started messing with higher end markers, past year and a half. And the ProMaster my friend had was the first real electro I got to paly with. As reliable as his was, I'll have to pick one up for my collection.

I just checked and I saw four new on ebay. $249... So we can still find them new for a little while longer.

And boy you notice it didnt take long for there to end up with several different cheaper EP's on the market. A year or so ago, it was the ProMaster and the Ion but now everybody is making one. Good for us I guess. But I hated to see ICD go away.
Michael Copeland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICD was a great company and the markers are still some of the best out there. Normally, the folks that complain about them just don't know how to adjust the regs for the marker to work correctly. I just bought my second '04 Freestyle from firstcallpaintball.com. This was a black/red fade Generation 2 marker that was new in the box for $149 - a steal! I already had a black/blue fade '04 Freestyle that has been worked over by Vaporworks. I have a Promaster and a B2K w/Choas Chip also and my son uses a Lasoya Promaster. ICD markers make up the guns that we use in our PAV - "Das Buzzard" - fast firing and reliable. Vaporworks still has a ton of parts and will continue to work on them for years to come. You can still find them for a song if you look a little. I would recommend them to anybody.
Have a good one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mustangii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they stopped production instead of paying Smartparts their blood money. I have an 03 BKO , a B2k, a B2K4, Promaster and 2 04 freestyles. still can get parts, fun to play with.
Lots on info here
http://www.icd-owners.com/html/index.php?name=Forums
You have to register before you can enter the forums

Hey Mike did I meet you at the last Battle of the Bulge at Paintgames plus North in 07. Sad to see Bill Bailey retire from paintball.
edm
Michael Copeland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustangii
I haven't played there. Have you played at Oklahoma D-day? I've played there for the last 9 years straight. I also go to Offlimits Paintball in Shreveport, La and play some tournaments and big games. I'm a member of the ICD-owners, but haven't been on there in a LONG time. I've had an '01 BKO (first run - with the lpr mounted down beside the hpr - still one of the fastest box stock guns I've ever had), plus a B2K4. I sold both of these last year - got too many! Everything I have is ICD except for an original Bob Long purple splash Team "Ironmen" Autococker, and my son shoots a Lasoya Promaster. He has an Ion - not even close. Keep on playin' with ICD and maybe we'll see you somewhere!
Have a good one!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Michael Copeland

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I last posted here, I have 'acquired" 3 Freestyle 8's & an '05 Freestyle to go along with my ProMaster. Still going strong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Bushmaster & Freestyle All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: