Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check PMs Log in
Chat Calendar Classified Ads Auctions Field Finder Store Finder Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Paintball Talk -> Discounts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the major draws I feel people gravitate to paintball than airsoft is that our hits leave an obvious mark. It provides that immediate gratification of "I hit something" and lets you visually see you can move on from that target.

All of the Reball fields I have seen operate at 250fps or less, if they are to be played with on the field it is widely accepted to use them at a lower velocity.

Paintball is fun, both at low velocity and standard velocity, 50cal or 68 cal. All versions provide challenges unique to each format and provide similar competitive thrill. Being stuck in what you think is a "superior" version and not acknowledging the pros of the other formats is what holds us back as an industry.
dutchman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know we did a reball game in a gym a few years ago. We were shooting 200 FPS so no one was complaining, but that made them a bit too brave. They began charging down the field and trying to bunker folks. They claimed they were not getting hit as they advanced. We had a hard time controlling it. No sting so they got bold. We tried to ref it normally, but they were a hard crowd to keep up with. Here's the cool part.

We went to my truck and grabbed a few newspapers and a roll of duct tape.
basically we made them a one layer vest with the paper. Then any hit would show as the reball would tear the paper. That ended all the argument about weather they were hit or not.

Reball, much like magfed has a market. But it takes a player that plays honest and isn't swept up in the testosterone battle. I loved playing pump, hunting down a gunner that was hunting me. What a rush. Every twig that snapped every bird that flew or squirrel that chittered could mean the gunner was only a few yards away or maybe it was nothing at all. Paintball like that is as much cerebral as it was physical. Paintball at it's purist. Oh well those days are gone and all but forgotten. Players have changed and the game has changed.
dutchman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at my website and click on the indoor field page. We just finished the new layout and format. Let me know what you think?

www.flyingdutchmanpaintball.net
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea behind it, it may also be handy to have a field map to show where the flags will be hung, dividing lines and start points as I was at first confused at why there are no bunkers and a very narrow hallway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Paintball Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: