Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check PMs Log in
Chat Calendar Classified Ads Auctions Field Finder Store Finder Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Paintball Talk -> Discounts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the major draws I feel people gravitate to paintball than airsoft is that our hits leave an obvious mark. It provides that immediate gratification of "I hit something" and lets you visually see you can move on from that target.

All of the Reball fields I have seen operate at 250fps or less, if they are to be played with on the field it is widely accepted to use them at a lower velocity.

Paintball is fun, both at low velocity and standard velocity, 50cal or 68 cal. All versions provide challenges unique to each format and provide similar competitive thrill. Being stuck in what you think is a "superior" version and not acknowledging the pros of the other formats is what holds us back as an industry.
dutchman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know we did a reball game in a gym a few years ago. We were shooting 200 FPS so no one was complaining, but that made them a bit too brave. They began charging down the field and trying to bunker folks. They claimed they were not getting hit as they advanced. We had a hard time controlling it. No sting so they got bold. We tried to ref it normally, but they were a hard crowd to keep up with. Here's the cool part.

We went to my truck and grabbed a few newspapers and a roll of duct tape.
basically we made them a one layer vest with the paper. Then any hit would show as the reball would tear the paper. That ended all the argument about weather they were hit or not.

Reball, much like magfed has a market. But it takes a player that plays honest and isn't swept up in the testosterone battle. I loved playing pump, hunting down a gunner that was hunting me. What a rush. Every twig that snapped every bird that flew or squirrel that chittered could mean the gunner was only a few yards away or maybe it was nothing at all. Paintball like that is as much cerebral as it was physical. Paintball at it's purist. Oh well those days are gone and all but forgotten. Players have changed and the game has changed.
dutchman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at my website and click on the indoor field page. We just finished the new layout and format. Let me know what you think?

www.flyingdutchmanpaintball.net
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea behind it, it may also be handy to have a field map to show where the flags will be hung, dividing lines and start points as I was at first confused at why there are no bunkers and a very narrow hallway.
dutchman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, here's a new one. I got a call Friday from a player that was surprised I answered the phone. He had heard a roomer I was dead. I got to use that famous quote from Mark Twain. "The roomers of my death have been greatly exaggerated". If that floats around long it could hurt business for sure!!!!!
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is no good at all! Strange what -tricycle- can float around and eventually someone who actually knows/cares/is willing to check if it is true will actually check up on ya.
dutchman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, If I really did die, I must have been a very bad bad person. I am still running a struggling paintball facility. Hmmm that don't sound like heaven! Guess I must have gone the other way? javascript:emoticon('Twisted Evil')
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ya like it then it must not be so bad, wherever you are lol!

I actually wonder, if someone you know has a gopro or similar small camera you could have a youtube channel of your field. People seem to like those, just attach it to random players throughout the day and go from there. Then again, you have dialup so that may not be a great idea... It would take forever and a year to upload a video!
dutchman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already started I pick up a gopro 4 black and we've been shooting for about a week. We are putting together 2 bachelor party videos and a birthday party one. Next week we'll shoot a fund raiser we are doing for a local high school wrestling team.. I hired a kid to put them together and shoot the footage. So well see. It can't hurt!
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything to increase the chances of someone searching paintball in your area and landing on something that links back to you helps!
dutchman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real problem is getting them to search for paintball. I've had a lot of folks tell me I need to increase visibility so folks can find me. No argument there. But what we all need to increase is getting more people thinking about paintball. Folks with a brain have no problem finding me. But those are folks already looking. How do we get in front of "Joe public" so he can say "hey yeah I bet that would be fun" If he's not thinking about it he's not going to find paintball. This is where the industry has stopped almost all their efforts. GI Sports and Valken should be pounding the money into promoting the sport. Then all we have to do is catch a customers attention. None of us field owners have the budget to throw on a cold contact ad campaign. The big boys have to step up and get back into the game. Just my thoughts?
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to have an ad campaign to get noticed. One minor thing you can do is put your website link in your signatures on all forums (like you have on MCB) but with more info. You could put in the signature,

Flying Dutchman Paintball
Guilford Maine
http://www.flyingdutchmanpaintball.net/

That or something similar, so literally whenever you post up something BAM! Instant advertising! If someone googles "paintball Maine" something of yours pops up with a link back to your site. I'm not sure how the current Search Engine Optimization (SEO) works now but in the past, more link backs helps you become more viable on search engines.

Have some videos on Youtube with link backs to your website and titles showing your field name and the city + state so people can find you quickly. You don't need a ton of money to do the ads just put your name up on commonly used websites! You already have MCB and Facebook going for ya Smile

Feel free to use Warpig as an extra advertising platform. If you have a paintball event or special, feel free to use the forum as an extra announcement place and link back your information. I doubt anyone will mind Smile It's just me here lately lol!

By the way, I am loving how your webpage has been evolving. It is looking really nice! The selfie gallery is a fun touch too!

As to getting the people playing more, as said before, so many distractions now. Most being in a hand held device that sits in peoples hands more than their pockets lately.
dutchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on to something that will help I think. But it's old school. I can't help but going back to what I know for the answers to problems. I have 3 events coming up between now and the end of Sept. If they work we should get a heck of a bounce in the locals where we need it.

I still say we need to catch folks that aren't looking for paintball.

I can see us becoming event oriented. So that will make a change. But I tell you it's hard to hold onto the refs now. I lost 2 this season one was a new hire but he had promise the other was in her 3rd. season and left to get a job that had more hours. I have to make sure I don't outrun my staff. Right now I've got 2 trainee in their first season, 2 refs in 2nd season but with issues. One ref with great abilities but limited availability None of the kids want to work, and few have any idea of loyalty. What we use to call "riding for the brand"

Anyway if this stuff works I'll give you the details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Paintball Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: