Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check PMs Log in
Chat Calendar Classified Ads Auctions Field Finder Store Finder Feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> PigTV - Paintball Television -> Direct link to episodes?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atshii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Direct link to episodes? Reply with quote

Is there a way to make a direct link to PigTV episodes, so that when you click the link it would open the right video and not go to the PigTV main page? Tried looking but could not find any links on the episode info page.

Of course one can use the blip.tv pages for direct linking, but wouldn't it be better to have the traffic hit the PigTV site?
pigtech
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Direct link to episodes? Reply with quote

atshii wrote:
Is there a way to make a direct link to PigTV episodes, so that when you click the link it would open the right video and not go to the PigTV main page? Tried looking but could not find any links on the episode info page.

Not that I've been able to find yet, at least not to link to the multi-episode player and have it play the selected video, like we did when we were hosting through Brightcove. The move to blip.tv was planned to be temporary, as we were working directly with another hosting company that, IMHO can give us better quality video, but is several months behind schedule.

As it looks like we might be staying with Blip.tv for a while, I may start putting up single episode players on the PigTV site, each with their own URL (i.e. like pigtv.net/episodes/tech_extravaganza09.shtml)

If there's a specific show you have a need for direct linking, let me know, I'll make it the first.

Quote:

Of course one can use the blip.tv pages for direct linking, but wouldn't it be better to have the traffic hit the PigTV site?

Yes, it would, because then our site sponsors who helped make the production of the show possible get represented.
atshii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I just made a link to the A5 show in another forum, thats why I was wondering about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> PigTV - Paintball Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: