Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check PMs Log in
Chat Calendar Classified Ads Auctions Field Finder Store Finder Feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Airsmithing -> Another HPA Question !
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coaldigger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Another HPA Question ! Reply with quote

I have always used a 20oz C02 tank . I only play woodsball with my buddies when we have time & are not at work. one of the guys that plays has a C02 fill station & rents a C02 tank & keeps us going, he just brings it to the area we are gonan play in for the day. I'm wanting to switch over to HPA...This is the Tank I'm thinking about getting -
http://www.ansgear.com/Guerrilla_Air_Air_Tank_Myth_Regulator_62_3000_p/ysnguerrilla623000tank.htm
What am i I gonna need to fill this type of tank ( I know I need a tank of nitrogen) I can rent Nitrogen tanks from my local Air/Gas/welding shop but what type of fillstation do I need ? My 2 markers (Spyder MR1 & BT4 Combat) are ok to use with out adding or changing anyparts right ?
Any help at all would be nice !
Thanks
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for setting up your gun to run on HPA/Nitrogen, you just have to put it into the gun, all the tank is, is a different way of putting in the pressure.

as for filling up the tank, it is completely different from filling up CO2, with CO2, you are filling per oz and you fill and release air from the same valve. with the compressed air tanks, you are filling the tank up to a designated PSI (in the tank you stated 3000psi) and are filling in from the fill nipple.

I am not sure if or how much it is to rent a 3000psi tank of dry air but you will need a different setup to fill it than CO2.
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some extra stuff on the differences between CO2 and Compressed air.

DaveA wrote:

Re: the differences in Co2 and HPA=
CO2 is stored in the bottle under pressure as a liquid. When it is released from the bottle, it heats up immediately and the expansion of the co2 is what powers the paintgun. It expands to 850psi on average, and is dependent on ambient heat from the gun and environment to heat up. In cold weather, there is less ambient heat available so the expansion or heating up of CO2 is less efficient and consistent. This means that your psi in gun can vary slightly and this can affect velocity and other things.
M98s are considered to work well with Co2 in any weather.

HPA is compressed Air that is stored as air, then regulated out of the bottle by a bottle regulator. The screw in style regulators mimic the Co2 bottle thread and output. They're called Presets. They output 850psi on average. There are also Low output presets that put out 450psi. They have become less typical and most guns can and prefer to use high output. Because compressed air is stored as air, there is no reliance on ambient heat or variables to maintain a consistent output of air pressure.
DaveA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good old school description from Doc Nickels
http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/fillstation.html

You can see in the pics that he uses a Nitrogen Fill Station as well as a scuba fill station, and describes use for both very clearly.

Here's a link to typical scuba fill stations
http://www.amazon.com/Paintball-Scuba-Station-Nitrogen-Filler/dp/B0011E8EUC

I've never seen the nitrogen tank fill station, but ultimately you just want adaptation from the tank output threads to the quick disconnect female size that the HPA bottle will fit into.
If you can get your hands on the female quick disconnect, you can take that to your supplier and see what they can concoct for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Airsmithing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: