Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Log in to check PMs Log in
Chat Calendar Classified Ads Auctions Field Finder Store Finder Feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Ion / SP-8 / Epiphany / Vibe / SP-1 EOS -> Smart Parts Ion won't shoot. Any Help?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allardnine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Smart Parts Ion won't shoot. Any Help? Reply with quote

Okay so i put the battery in and turned on the gun. (the eye broke so I took That off the gun completely.) I turned it on and put on a tank. The gauge was reading 200psi so the lines seemed fine. When i pulled the trigger the light will flash but it won't shoot. Do I need an eye in order to shoot the gun even if i turned off the vision mode?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DaveA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should fire without eyes installed but try keeping them installed and plugged in and then turn off eyes, and see what happens.
allardnine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spot where the wire plugs into the eye broke off so I can't plug in the eye. I will be buying a new one but I don't know when. Could the problem be with the board?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pigtech
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if the board's got physical damage that could be the problem. Also, is it a *brand new* alkaline battery?
allardnine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a rechargable 9V and its fully charged. The light still flashes when you pull the trigger so it knows im pulling it but nothing shoots. I looked at the board and it seemed fine but you never know.
DaveA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you go through the Troubleshooting steps in the Manual? Degas the gun, turn off the eyes so it blinks slowly, then pull trigger, do you hear the solenoid click?
Are you comfortable with doing indepth servicing?

The manual has a number of possible reasons listed, a very common problem for all electros is that the trigger is set too insanely light and though in dry firing it may click, in reality the trigger never resets completely so the gun won't fire. If yours is set at all tight, maybe back it out a little and try it to make sure it's not that.

The other thing in the manual that may be adjusted is that the input pressure should be set around 200+, higher psi will inhibit the bolt from moving.
allardnine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It clicks and i even loosened it a lot. The pressure was at 200 and i even brought it down to 150-160. Still no luck. Sometimes the power button acts up and i cant turn it back on if it was just on unless i unplug the battery for a couple minutes and now i cant change the settings with the second button by the battery.
Paintzapper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple questions, how long has the ion been sitting from last use? Does the solenid "click" even with no air in the system? Have you servived the bolt recently? Any upgrades? Do you over grease the bolt? Have you tried putting the pressure a lil above 200psi?

If the noid clicks with no air (or even with air) then the noid isnt bad, ive seen the seals go bad with long periods of sitting.

If you over grease the bolt, some of the grease will go into the noid and make it stick. You will have to open it up and clean it out.

My ion stock was running around 230 psi with the dwell set to manufacturer stock. Check to make sure that the dwell isnt set too low.
pigtech
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allardnine wrote:
Its a rechargable 9V and its fully charged.

Try a brand new alkaline. That's a key troubleshooting step, because rechargeable 9v batteries aren't 9v batteries (some are 7.2v and some are 9.6, due to the different chemistry from alkaline) and most are not capable of delivering as many amps as an alkaline.

Even if the issue is a sticking solenoid valve, that's an area where the extra "oomph" delivered by an alkaline battery can help, and that's why it's in the the manual.

I wrote the v 2.0 Ion manual, going over the troubleshooting with both the engineers who designed the Ion and the techs who had to deal with folks on phone support. As simple and stupid as it may seem, just switching to a new 9v alkaline battery solved a lot of people's problems with the marker not firing.

That said, I'm still suspicious of the board, since it's got some physical damage that you know of (and possibly more that you haven't spotted yet).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARPIG.com Forum Index -> Ion / SP-8 / Epiphany / Vibe / SP-1 EOS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: